- Vera Bieri Gnattali, Radamé’s wife dies in Rio de Janeiro.
- Radamés Gnattali and Iberê Gomes Grosso present their duet of piano and cello at Salão Leopoldo Miguez at the National Music Institute, performing the Sonata n° 2, by Villa-Lobos and the following pieces by Radamés: Sonata for cello and piano, from 1935, Flor da noite, from1938, Modinha e Baião, from 1952. Andrade Muricy says: “one of the most important concerts of the 4th centenary season”. 
- Continental Records presents the Concerto Carioca n°1, from 1950, for acoustic-eletric guitar, piano and orchestra, by Radamés Gnattali, performed by the Continental Symphonic Orchestra, conducted by Maestro Henrique Morelembaum, acoustic-electric guitar solos by José Menezes and piano solos by Radamés. “(…) Guanabara State could not have had more honor for its 4th centenary “, comments Lucio Rangel
Concerto Carioca n.º 1 for piano, acoustic-eletric guitar and orchestra
I – Abertura – Marcha-rancho (excerpt)
Orquestra Sinfônica Continental
José Menezes, acoustic-eletric guitar
Radamés Gnattali, piano
Henrique Morelembaum, regency
Continental – PPL-12.168 (1965)
- Radamés signs the musical direction of two films: Grande Sertão, by Geraldo and Renato Santos Pereira, based on homonym romance written by Guimarães Rosa ; A falecida (The deceased), by Leon Hirshman, based on the homonimous theater play by Nelson Rodrigues.
- Radamés composes:
- Concerto for cello, piano and string orchestra
- Exercicíos (five exercises) for piano (the second uncomplete)
- Sonatina for cello and two guitars
- Sonatina for cello and piano (only 1º and 3º movements) – from the original score for cello and two guitars.
- The famous song Cidade maravilhosa, by André Filho has become the hymn of Guanabara State during the commemorations of its 4th centenary, granted by law n° 488.
- Premiere of the show Rosa de Ouro, at the Teatro Jovem do Rio de Janeiro, directed by Hermínio Bello de Carvalho; its has become famous for the return of the singer Aracy Cortes and the first appearence of Clementina de Jesus.
- Globo TV Station is inaugurated being later transformed into a huge communication net work.
- Through UNE (National Student Union) the students manifest and march against the military government throughout the country.
- The Brazilian currency changes from cruzeiro to cruzeiro novo.
- A governmental action called Institutional Act n°2 (AI-2) extinguishes all the political organizations and establishes a polarity between the government party and its oppositionist – Arena and MDB, respectively.
-  Hemeroteca da Biblioteca Nacional – Correrio da Manhã, April 2nd, 1965.